DescriptionEssential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned that pertain to this classification. Job duties and knowledge listed are for the labor grade. Knowledge of all duties is to be cross functional, but specific duties are assigned within available personnel.
- Pull flavors from stock on hand for use in batching
- Process raw and finished product transfer between warehouse locations
- Pick and load orders for multiple warehouse locations
- Receive raw goods and finished product using Tek-Dan and HiJump systems
- Stage and ship finished product for blast freezing at off site freezers
- Unload and load trailers as needed
- Put away finished product in onsite freezers
- Pull and ship orders from our onsite stock
- Compare identifying information and counts, weights, or measures of incoming items and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records
- Prepare and expedite shipments, including but not limited to: Determine labeling requirements, assemble and pack product containers, prepare and affix shipping labels on packed cartons, or pallets identifying shipping information for cartons, or pallets or other storage devices in an accurate manner, including any special labels that are customer required.
- Prepare all shipping documents in a timely and accurate manner. Post weights and shipping charges, and affix postage.
- Unpack, examine, and route incoming shipments, reject damaged items, record shortages, and correspond with shipper/ driver, to rectify damages and shortages. Able to receive and process defective parts/ materials for replacement or credit.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition, and follow prescribed safety and quality regulations.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to daily duties.
- Must be familiar with basic machine functions.
- Must be able and certified by a qualified trainer to operate powered industrial trucks.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/ or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to effectively read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Demonstrated ability to communicate orally or in written form effectively with co-workers, departments, preferably customers and vendors as well.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending, stooping, squatting, standing, twisting. Repeatedly lifting and moving 50 lbs.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 03/22/2019
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.