DescriptionNow hiring University custodial workers to work either swing or graveyard shift. This is a great opportunity to grow into an amazing career working for a top ranked University in Oregon. Come join our tight-knit team and start your new career today!
Employees will be cleaning the facilities at the University.
Typical job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following daily tasks:
- Dust mop, sweep, wet mop, and / or spray buff hard surface floors as required.
- Vacuum all rugs, carpets, furniture and drapes.
- Dust and wipe down/clean walls, doors, windows, waste receptacles, light fixtures, vents, radiators, and other above-floor surfaces.
- Dust, clean, and polish furniture.
- Clean and sanitize all restroom surfaces and fixtures.Replenish supplies daily.
- Replace accessible light bulbs immediately when out.Notify supervisor on inaccessible bulbs burned out.
- Assists with laundry tasks and distribution of laundry to assigned areas, only as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Friendly - Ability to exhibit a cheerful demeanor toward others.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least 1 year of custodial, or housekeeping, experience is strongly preferred.
- Able to communicate clearly, able to understand verbal and written instructions.
- Possess knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures.
- Ability to work safely, and able to understand safety rules and requirements.
- Able to identify and explain/report safety issues, maintenance issues, etc.
- Able to frequently lift 10 lbs. and occasionally lift between 11 and 50 lbs.
- Able to safely operate any motorized cleaning equipment.
- Able to fill out work order request, as well as keep accurate records, record materials used, etc.
- Must be flexible, there may be times the Supervisor will need you to fill in on a different shift.
We are currently hiring for graveyard custodial workers.
Graveyard Shift: Sunday through Thursday, working hours 10:30pm - 7am.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 04/15/2019
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.