DescriptionThis Employer has an excellent reputation both in the industry and the community and continue to be strong, stable and step above your average transportation company. They have a full-time opening for a motivated and energetic Transportation Dispatcher. The Transportation Dispatcher will provide support to the Transportation Manager in the day to day operations of the transportation department.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage 15 - 20 drivers at any given time, plus 3rd party haulers.
- Schedule and communicate driver start times daily, monitor drivers in transit
- Set up daily tractor/trailer/truck assignments, route custom delivery and vendor returns.
- Ensure drivers' logs, hours and reports are within DOT compliance.
- Work with maintenance manager to ensure vehicle safety and coordinate maintenance issues.
- Primary point of contact for drivers.
- Act as liaison between drivers and internal departments/external customers.
Job Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including strong customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm in a fast paced environment
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong knowledge working with brokers
- Strong work ethic
Excellent Benefit Package which includes:
- Paid Vacation, Sick, Holiday
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Company paid life insurance
Salary Based on Experience Job Type: Full-time Experience:
- Dispatch: 1 or more years (Preferred) Location:
- Vancouver Wa (Preferred) Work authorization:
- United States (Required)
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 04/07/2021
18.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.