DescriptionMission/Summary: The mission of the Shipping Supervisor is to ensure the Warehouse, Shipping, Receiving and Inventory Control responsibilities are met to fulfill the safety and quality requirements of the Employer and their customers.
- Duirects and coordinates the day-to-day shift activities, by providing leadership to hourly staff. Day-to-day activities include Intranet document review, maintain training records, scheduling and Workbrain, maintain site fleet requirements, ensure OSD reporting is up to date, CPD demurrage tracking, CPB Carton/Board support, and ensure real-time support of the warehouse group is met.
- Serves as the link between hourly staff and middle / upper management.
Key Responsibilities: (job responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following):
ENSURES FOOD DEFENSE AND FOOD SAFETY PROGRAMS ARE ADMINISTERED IN ACCORDANCE WITH INDUSTRY STANDARDS FOR COMPLIANCE.
- Ensure shipments are met on day of shipment. Reviews Shipment and department related reports and resolves operational and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs. Ensures 100% on-time to negotiated.
- Works with Warehousing team, ensuring priorities are established and clear. This includes sequences for shipments/receiving, utilizing knowledge of processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities, as well as human resource requirements and capabilities. Supports forepersons and coordinates decisions on job assignments and work priorities. Instructs subordinates in job duties or arranges for training to be provided.
- Support organizational changes to achieve a Safety 24/7 Incident-Free Culture. Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Leads and supports hourly team to work in a safe manner and to seek improvements in work practices.
- Ensures training records are up to date, participates with managers on training audits. Tracks performance and accuracy of employees work, computations, and records, reporting up to the manager.
- Administer, communicate and interpret work procedures and company policies to subordinates. Validates procedures and JHAs are up to date.
- Ensures that FIFO & product quality and Warehousing efficiencies meet or exceed established standards.
- Ensures completion with manager the personnel actions such as discipline, performance evaluations, and payroll. (tracks but does not administer)
- Responsible for equipment condition, including fork-truck fleet, and department housekeeping.
- Supports inventory Control in maintaining process controls to reduce/eliminate Inventory errors
- Must strictly adhere to Employers commitment to SQF (Safe Quality Foods) and HACCP Requirements, Food Safety, and Food Defense.
- Able to work at least 8 hours/day plus overtime as needed. Hours can be flexible but core hours are 9 AM to 4 PM.
- 5 years? experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain or transportation field
- Minimum 3 years' supervisory experience
- Demonstration of strong administration skills and examples of leadership.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Action oriented and self-motivated: enjoys working hard acts with the right amount of planning. Seizes opportunities to achieve goals and improve the process.
- Ability to lead efforts to react quickly to changing requirements and new processing developments.
- Leadership Skills - ability to motivate people to perform at high levels
- Requires use of all general office equipment (e.g. fax, copier, telephone, etc.)
- Experience with Warehousing, including Shipping and Receiving processes.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP system
- Knowledge of Workbrain
- Computer Skills: SAP, MS Office, and database programs
- Professional oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
Submit your resume today
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 10/18/2018
25.00 - 30.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.