DescriptionThe primary role of this position is the processing of shipments from the manufacturing facility through advanced SAP transaction skills, overall shipping process knowledge and absolute work accuracy abilities. This positions works closely with and takes daily work direction from, the Shipping Team Lead and Shipping Office coordinator. This position is 40 hour week (5 8hour days) with overtime as needed to support 24/7 business operations. This position reports to the Logistics Supervisor.
- 100% validation of shipment load packet accuracy from shipping material handler prior to SAP processing
- Domestic full truck load shipment processing to include carrier load communications and the completion of the Post Goods Issue using multiple SAP transactions
- International (export) ocean shipment processing to include submission of government AES number, Post Goods Issue transaction, creation of Pro Forma and Commercial Invoices, Shippers Letter of Instruction and Bill of Lading.
International (export) air shipment processing to include Post Goods Issue Transaction, creation of Pro Forma and Commercial Invoices, Shippers Letter of Instruction and Air Way Bill.
- Initiate all export documentation promptly so that port/airport cut off deadlines are met.
- Follow standard work instructions for shipping requirements unique to international destinations.
- Understand and follow corporate support provided instructions for packaging hazardous materials, labeling and preparing all necessary paperwork-domestic, international, ground and air.
- Physically prepare LTL/small parcel shipments, interact with carrier on-line booking process and complete all necessary documentation.
- Understand the BSO process for shipping materials that are no on an SAP sales order.
- Shipment information update load tracking spreadsheets.
- Schedule outbound toll shipments using customer instructions, create shipping documentation and relieve inventory after shipment.
- Dispatch ticket shipment processing.
- Strong computer skills to include data entry experience, Excel and Word.
- Experience using SAP or similar program in transportation/warehouse management environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to interact with company planners and transportation vendors (carriers, transloaders, corporate support personnel, consignee).
- Strong attention to detail skills and proven ability to do accurate, zero defect work.
- Strong time management skills and demonstrated ability to work with required sense of urgency to meet shipment deadlines.
- Personal commitment to follow standard work processes, support continuous improvement and adapt in an ever changing work environment.
- Multi-task capable with strong organizational skills.
- Previous experience in a fast paced work environment.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a PIT/Fork lift operators license.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 08/31/2021
18.00 - 21.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.