DescriptionAbout the Job: This position is responsible for preparing items for shipment, receiving incoming shipments and verifying and maintaining records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, all work must be done thinking ?Safety First?
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against packing slips, invoices, purchase orders, or other records
- Follows all ESD safety standards for ESD sensitive parts
- Review?s procedures and documentation and suggest changes for a more efficient flow of the product, and for time and cost efficiency
- Determines method of packing and shipment
- Inserts items into boxes or crates or assembles onto pallets
- Prepares carrier shipping documents.
- Affixes shipping labels, shipping instructions, and identifying information on packed cartons, crates or pallets
- Arranges for shipment pickup and delivery by assigned carriers
- Track?s shipments to assure proper delivery
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages. Routes items to departments
- Works with Purchasing, Accounting and end users to resolve product discrepancies
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Uses hand truck or pallet jack to move shipments from shipping and receiving area to storage or work are.
- Good communication skills
- Get along with others
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds and 41+ pounds as a two-person lift.
- Other general duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements, Skills and Qualifications:
- One to two years related experience and/or training preferred
- Must have a great ?can do? attitude
- Outstanding problem-solving resolution and attention to detail, willing to lead by example
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding work ethic, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Takes initiative and works well independently
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 04/02/2021
15.00 - 17.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.