DescriptionWithin the factory, the Sr. Test Technician will provide technical leadership install and accept test equipment, train test personnel, monitor and improve test performance and throughput based and yield information. The Sr. Test Technician will be responsible for test equipment hardware/software changes and upgrades as well as transfer of equipment into and out of the department. Reports to the Department Supervisor and/or Manager
Duties and Task Statements:
- Fulfill all the responsibilities of a Test Technician until such time that resources are identified and trained to perform these roles for a specific program.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of Tester until such time as individual(s) are identified and trained to perform these responsibilities for a specific program.
- Where production test equipment is unavailable to support prototype/pilot production, develop appropriate bench-top test setups and operating instructions that meet short-term inspection goals.
- Perform debug and operation (as required) of automated manufacturing test and inspection equipment such as testers, automated optical inspection systems, x-ray, etc., to enable the company to meet customer quality and delivery commitments.
- Utilize schematics and related documentation to trouble shoot and diagnose failed assemblies down to the component level.
- Participate in product specific training to obtain troubleshooting and repair knowledge consistent with the program needs for test failure diagnosis and repair.
- Diagnose and repair product failures to ensure the quality and timeliness of product shipments are consistent with customer needs and company commitments.
- Monitor test yield and throughput metrics to identify, implement, qualify and document test equipment, and training improvements.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and calibration to program specific test hardware consistent with documented procedures and supplier recommendations.
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and calibration to test and assembly equipment consistent with documented procedures and manufacturer recommendations.
- Develop test instructions and troubleshooting documentation that clearly communicate test setups, operating procedures, and troubleshooting guidelines to appropriate Testers and Test Technicians for sustaining production.
- As required, provide training to Testers and Test Technicians on design, use, debug, and repair of related products and test equipment to ensure a sufficient body of knowledge exists within the department to meet production delivery, quality and cost commitments.
- Implement and document test system hardware and software upgrades to ensure compatibility with the latest product or platform configuration requirements.
- Monitor product change activity (engineering changes, deviations, etc.) to implement or coordinate changes to test equipment as required to ensure equipment remains compatible and qualified for use as product changes occur.
- Work with management to recruit and develop test support staff that is capable of carrying out the company mission and objectives related to manufacturing test.
- Develop test acceptance plans and procedures (including validation where appropriate) to ensure that incoming equipment can be qualified for its intended use.
- Execute and document fixture acceptance and, where appropriate, validation plans, to ensure that test equipment is capable of producing required, repeatable, and reliable results.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Oscilloscopes Logic Analyzer
- Rework Station Soldering Stations
- Digital multi-meters Spectrum Analyzer
- Computer Various Hand Tools
- In-circuit test platforms MDA Testers
- Static straps/ Foot Straps
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Associate
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 04/09/2019
16.00 - 21.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.