DescriptionResponsibilities for Warehouse Assistant
- Organize stock and merchandise within the warehouse by properly unboxing and storing goods in their designated location
- Maintain accurate records of products that have been stocked and provide management with an accurate representation of all goods shipped and received
- Verify all incoming shipments to be accurate by comparing the invoice to the order and ensure all goods are in excellent condition
- Monitor and report any missing or lost inventory to management
- Properly lable items for retail sale and stock shelves with new product.
- Organize and sort items on shelving, bins and overhangs according to company standards
- Accurately maintain company database including all stock and warehouse items
- Reliably retrieve items from within the warehouse to be processed and shipped
Qualifications for Warehouse Worker
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as many warehouse items are cumbersome and heavy
- Ability to maintain a high level of physicality for prolonged periods and working primarily standing
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills are essential, as working as a team is vital to maintaining and organized warehouse
- Experience with software such as Microsoft Excel and other company spreadsheet programs
- Experience using a forklift and professional forklift certification is strongly preferred
- Typing and record keeping skills necessary to provide accurate information for managers and supervisors regarding warehouse inventory
- Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance
- Customer service mentality is beneficial to ensure a positive customer experience by shipping items to a high standard.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 06/03/2021
15.50 - 18.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.