DescriptionPosition Purpose: Safely and accurately operate and maintain rebar fabrication and material handling equipment in a team environment. With the common goal to service our customers while maximizing the utilization and quality of coated products.
- Efficient operation of the rebar equipment, challenging the capabilities of the machine and maximizing the utilization of material to produce in a cost effective way.
- Maintain machines by performing preventative maintenance for machine and coating protective devices, as needed. Report defective material or equipment.
- Ensure a safe and productive work place through actively participating in safety meetings, team meetings, and promotion of Lean initiatives.
- Communicate - train and work with warehouse person and helpers to maximize their knowledge in production and coating quality techniques.
- Help other machine operators to help increase process flow or by assisting them in performing quality checks in all areas.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous machine operating duties in a warehouse setting preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to do basic math and use a Standard English tape measure
- Aptitude for mechanical assembly is a plus.
- Print reading and interpretation desirable.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 10/25/2018
13.35 - 14.75
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.