DescriptionCoordinate and perform various quality and food safety evaluations. Verify quality checks to ensure the items under their responsibility are handled correctly. Assess manufacturing and equipment conditions to assure they meet specified requirements. Assist with various Quality Food Safety (QFS) programs, including the environmental and training programs. In their absence, the QFS Coordinator can cover their duties and responsibilities to Food Safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform audits of all areas, production and non-production.
- Perform audits on all CCP/PC documentation and other food safety documents.
- Ensure materials are tested according to predefined criteria and meet requirements.
- When needed, assist with Sensory Evaluation of manufactured items.
- Environmental Management (EM) program responsibilities including but not limited to: swabbing, pre-operational inspection and investigational activities.
- Conduct timely food safety evaluations and dispositions of product, escalating as necessary
- Verify physical values on equipment and confirms appropriate conditions for operation during use.
- Involve other departments when appropriate, for timely response to observation of failure to meet expectations/standards.
- Collaborate with Operations, Maintenance, Warehouse and Sanitation to facilitate investigations, root cause analysis, corrective preventive action, and problem solving for incidents and non-conformances
- Daily report out of pre-op results and the tier boards (rotating responsibility with QFS Coordinator)
- Write daily reports of out-of-spec materials and operating conditions
- Place material on hold if it does not meet requirements.
- Assist with Positive Release Program and PCQI reviews.
- Update foreign materials databases (in-house and consumer).
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 04/07/2021
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.