DescriptionThe QA Supervisor is responsible for directing the activities of the Quality Team Leader with an emphasis on product quality, on time delivery, and customer satisfaction. This position reports to the Quality Assurance Manager
Duties and Task Statements:
- Serve as the Team Leader for all shifts ensuring proper carryover of quality assurance activities and customer requirements. Direct the Quality Team Leader and associates to ensure that day-to-day production and customer needs are met.
- Identify resource needs, as well as ensure that the shipping schedule is met.
- Ensure a work environment exists for employees that provide effective communication between all shift team members, in order to effectively communicate the concerns, regarding production needs and quality of product.
- Set the direction relative to manufacturing and shipping goals in order to meet production and customer needs and expectations.
- Identify and Communicate information to production supervision and production control to correct factory discipline relative to product quality and defect prevention, product disposition, and rework and/or repair activity.
- Conduct quality meeting with Production Supervisor and Team Leaders on the previous days documented reworks.
- Evaluate, Monitor, and react to personnel allocation in Quality, including the use of overtime in conjunction with production and customer needs.
- Monitor and prioritize aging material orders.
- Supervise the Quality Team Leader.
- Work with the Quality Manager to execute performance reviews.
- Monitor day to day staffing assignments.
- Deal with additional personnel issues as assigned.
- Responsible for understanding and providing input to capacity planning as customer's production demands fluctuates.
- Determine and communicate the direction relative to housekeeping and safety practices.
- Review and log all product returned by the customer in a timely manner.
- Track and monitor all equipment calibration.
- Responsible for generating and posting factory defect and RMA charts.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Act as a role model to all factory personnel and be recognized as a Leader within the company.
- 2+ Years of Quality Inspection and Personnel Supervision experience
- Experience with Microsoft? Word, Microsoft? Excel, and the Max Data Collection System.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills.
- An Associate Degree or equivalent inspection experience is required. Additionally, the employee must successfully complete all internal courses offered by the company necessary to do the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Employee must be self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a TEAM environment.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Employee must work safely at all times and maintain the confidentiality of all customer and company information.
- May be required to lift 50bls periodically.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Associate
Experience Required: More than 5 years
Last updated on 09/10/2019
19.00 - 21.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.