DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for a Purchasing Agent for our Eugene client!
Our client's team of Purchasing Agents generate purchase orders for stock and special order materials. They maintain appropriate levels of stock items within established guidelines and keep track of accurate dates from vendors. Purchasing Agents assist the Accounting department to resolve discrepancies between purchase orders and A/P invoices.
Purchasing Agents assist with the development of vendor/supplier relationships including the maintenance of vendor agreements and various product and terms negotiations. This position follows through on back orders and special order items, which includes communicating with suppliers and/or salespeople on the status of orders.
They also cross-train within the Purchasing department and help with the preparation and processing of physical counting during inventory as well as daily cycle counting.
Salary Range: $19.00 - $23.00
Work Schedule: Monday ? Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Must have buying/purchasing experience. (Previous experience purchasing doors, frames, and/or hardware preferred but not required.)
- Proficient with MS Windows and Office suite.
- Must be skilled in general office procedures and equipment use as well as reading a tape measure.
- Strong math, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills and strong ability to prioritize tasks under timelines.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be creative with a willingness to learn and possess a positive attitude.
- Commitment to accuracy with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 09/02/2021
19.00 - 23.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.