DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for a Purchasing Agent for our Eugene client!
This position is full-time Mon-Fri. Hours TBD - either 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm.
The Purchasing Agent supports sales and production by planning for, locating and purchasing materials, services tools and supplies.
Essential Job Tasks:
- Researching and locating new vendors and suppliers.
- Evaluating suppliers for service, support, quality and price.
- Developing, maintaining and improving relationships with suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating prices, terms and conditions.
- Placing orders and following up to ensure adherence to contracted quantity, quality, price and delivery schedule.
- Promptly resolving discrepancies.
- Translating MRP requirements and requisitions into purchasing information.
- Abide by Employee Handbook including regular attendance and working cooperatively.
Other Job Tasks:
Entering and maintaining orders in the computer system. Maintaining records of vendors and purchasers.
Knowledge, Skill, and Experience Requirements:
- Two years of experience in purchasing.
- Familiarity with metals and methods of working and finishing metal.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, operate telephone and radio communication devices, function in a busy, noisy environment.
- Have some experience with Excel.
- Must be well organized and be able to function in a dynamic environment of constantly shifting priorities.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- High school education preferred.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 07/21/2020
16.00 - 18.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.