DescriptionWe have immediate openings for a Program Assistant working for a local non-profit organization her is Salem.
A regional provider of services to adults with disabilities is currently seeking to hire both full-time and part-time Job Coaches. This position will provide on-the-job training and support to individuals with disabilities in various community work settings. In addition, they will assist in educating employers on disability awareness and identifying natural support options.
- Assists with planned recreational/leisure activities.
- Assists with participants on outings.
- Assists participants who desire to perform work activities
- Assists in ensuring implementation, documentation, and tracking of ISP goals; documents progress and activities as needed.
- Assists in ensuring medications are administered properly and that medication administration record keeping (MARS) is maintained.
- Provides assistance and personal care to program participants in use of restroom and in clean-up.
- Ensures confidentiality of individuals receiving services from Garten.
- Effectively communicates with customers in a positive manner.
- Ensures safety and quality standards are maintained always.
- Assists in maintaining kitchen area of the facility.
- May provide transportation for participants when needed
- Serves snacks to participants
- Provides input on ways the organization can create employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Participates in team development activities.
- Attends meetings and participates on committees as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to make some safety-related decisions.
- Ability to assist with planned activities.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Ability to participate as a team member.
- Ability to use standard office equipment including basic computer hardware/software and a calculator
- Mental ability to perform basic math
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR/1st Aid Certification
- Physical ability to push/pull wheelchairs and lift individuals out of wheelchairs.
- Physical ability to stand, walk, sit, bend, twist, reach, stoop, and make repetitive motions of hand/wrists/arms frequently throughout a normal workday.
- Physical ability to push up to 100 pounds, and to carry up to 10 pounds frequently in a normal workday.
- Physical ability to pull up to 200 pounds and to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance occasionally in a normal workday.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
A minimum of 6 months of work experience preferred, but not required. Some experience/training with seniors, fragile adults, or people with disabilities helpful. High School education or equivalent.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 08/24/2018
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.