DescriptionOur client is looking to add a production supervisor to oversee and work with 50-80 line employees. The ideal candidate has knowledge of continuous improvement, large volume production, and most importantly, building relationships with their team. This is a people-first company, and therefore, people management skills are vital to the success of this role. Bilingual is a plus, and 3-5 years in a food manufacturing environment is preferred.
Some of the may job duties will include:
- Develop depth and experience of team by recognizing individual development opportunities and proactively addressing them.
- Track employees' planned and unplanned absences, tardiness, and overtime. Proactively and appropriately follows up with employees needing improvement.
- Optimize the number of full time employees to reduce temporary and regular labor costs.
- Evaluate employee performance through ongoing feedback (positive and negative) and annual performance reviews. Place subordinates lacking in skills sets on formal development plans and tracks progress. Initiate the disciplinary process, when necessary and disqualify personnel not able to perform to established standards. This includes but is not limited to following standard procedures, food safety, quality, safe use of equipment, GMPs, labeling, etc.
- Review and submit payroll at the end of each period.
- Provide guidance and direction to Leads. Develop their supervisory and leadership skills.
- Create the daily staffing list. Coordinates with the temp agency if there is a need for temporary employees.
- Coach Leads and employees to stop production / packaging lines when quality issues arise.
- Determine employees' readiness to learn new skills and take on greater responsibility.
- Lead problem-solving meetings to involve employees in creating and implementing solutions for production problems.
- Provide ongoing and frequent feedback to individual employees to inspire and improve performance.
- Interview and select employees (temp and otherwise) for regular employment.
- Motivate and lead employees to meet and exceed goals
- Approve requests for time off (PTO).
- Review the production schedule / demand regularly to determine needs for schedule change.
- Monitor product quality and ensures that no substandard product is produced and/or packaged.
- Initiate and lead efforts to continuously improve; maximize yield and minimize waste.
- Audit practices on the floor for adherence to written procedures, communicate successful audits positively with team members, and employ sense of urgency to correct any noted deviations.
This list goes on and is an indicator of the interesting daily opportunitis this position provides. I would love to talk to you about your experience and interest.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Bachelor
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 01/19/2021
26.00 - 35.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.