DescriptionConstruct, mend and alter garments and other fabric-made articles according to customer needs. Replace buttons, zippers, linings, shoulder pads, etc in garments and modify, reconstruct, or duplicate garments based on customers specifications. Estimate the cost of constructing various garments, taking into account all time and materials required.
- Accurately measure clients and garments using tape measures to ensure proper fit
- Fit, tailor, and alter garments and other articles, which includes hemming, lengthening, taking in/out seams.
- Ensure sewing machines and other equipment are in good working order
- Fit garments on customers to determine exact alterations
- Construct garments and other articles according to customers? specifications and preferences from either existing garments or raw fabric.
- Label garment sand articles
- Record and track required alterations
- Use irons and pressing machines
- Good communication skills
- Get along with others
- Follow all safety rules and regulations, all work must be done thinking ?Safety First?
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds and 41+ pounds as a two-person lift
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Proven track record of sewing and tailoring experience
- Superior project management skills
- Sound knowledge fabric and sewing techniques including working with stretch material
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Ability to safely use sewing machines, sergers, irons and other sewing equipment
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills, hand/eye coordination and attention to detail
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 07/19/2021
15.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.