DescriptionThis is a 2 phase position with responsibilities in thte phleboomy lab as well as the clinic as an MA.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Lab
1. Draw blood from patients, ensuring proper identification of patient and sample
2. Record and sign orders in EMR as ordered by physicians
3. Fill out laboratory requisitions for send out tests completely and accurately
4. Perform routine laboratory point of care tests (POCT) and all quality control procedures pertaining to these tests, including being able to recognize a problem in the quality control results and take appropriate action to solve the problem
5. Follow procedures to ensure all lab results are returned
6. Order laboratory reagents and supplies
7. Implement safety and waste management procedures
8. Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Medical Assistant
1. Prepare patients for examinations consistent with the purpose of the appointment
2. Work with the team to ensure appropriate pre-visit preparation including culturally and linguistically appropriate services
3. Responsible for knowing and following clinical policy and procedure, including documenting all patient interactions in Epic in a manner consistent with professional standards
4. Perform related duties necessary to ensure quality patient care as requested by supervisor, including addressing barriers when the patient has not met treatment goals
5. Assist providers with exams of patients or any special procedures
6. Process phone calls or MyChart communications from patients, routing as appropriate, and responding in a timely manner
7. ?Ready? refill requests per Epic procedure
8. Clean and stock rooms, disinfect exam room tables, treatment and lab surfaces daily
9. Schedule qualified patients for appointments based on established protocol, identified need, and availability of appointments; follow up with patients/families who have not kept important appointments
10. Perform supervised laboratory procedures as approved by the Laboratory Coordinator;
11. Prepare and sterilize clinical instruments. Review expiration dates for sterilized equipment and re-sterilize equipment as needed to ensure a readily available supply of sterile instruments
12. Assist with Medication Assistance Programs
Clerical/Administrative Processes. Assist with Clinical Pharmacy Services supply management and development of policies and procedures for Pharmacy Department. Assist in development of clinical workflows for Pharmacy Department.
Communication & Teamwork. Openly, clearly and respectfully share and receive information, opinions, concerns and feedback in a supportive manner. Work collaboratively by mentoring new and existing co-workers, building bridges and creating rapport with team members across the organization. Be an active member of organization PDSAs.
Other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION: High school graduate
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 10/27/2021
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.