DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for candidates for a Payroll, AR & Collections opening with our Eugene client!
This position is full-time, temp-to-hire, $18-20/hr.
Fully responsible for overseeing all company payroll responsibilities for approximately 115 employees utilizing the ADP electronic payroll system; notifies or locates customers with delinquent accounts and attempts to secure payment; conducts credit investigations by performing the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Compiles payroll data such as hours worked, sales or piecework, commission-able sales and commissions, taxes, insurance, and employee identification number, from time sheets and other records.
- Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure accuracy of payroll.
- Records changes affecting net wages such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee to update master payroll records.
- Calculates commissions, prevailing wages and the report of prevailing wages, and mileage reports and calculations.
- Calculates and reports payroll taxes (bi-weekly, quarterly, and annually) and 401-k information, as directed by the Accounting Dept. Mgr.
- Keeps records of leave pay and nontaxable wages.
- Mails form letters to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts.
- Confers with customer by telephone in attempt to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of sales, service, or credit contract with customer.
- Notifies Accounting Dept. Manager if customer fails to respond.
- Submits delinquent accounts to outside agency for collection.
- Posts customer credit card payments in accounting software.
- Verifies financial status and reputation of prospective customers applying for credit, prepares documents to substantiate findings, and recommends rejection or approval of applications.
- Working with the Accounting Dept. Manager, establishes credit limitations on customer accounts and handles special credit arrangements and deviations from standard terms of payment.
- Sets up new customer accounts in accounting software
- Audits delinquent accounts considered to be uncollectible to ensure maximum efforts have been taken before assigning bad debt status to account.
- Obtains approval for extensions of credit through Accounting Dept. Manager.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Knowledge of Accounting software; Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Associate
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 11/20/2019
18.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.