Solely responsible for running and balancing bi-weekly payroll process. Ensures that all employees are paid timely and accurately through conducting bi-weekly time record audits.
Minimum Job Qualifications and Technical Competencies
- Associates degree with completion of introductory college accounting classes and five years of progressively responsible experience for the oversight of work * processes, or customer relations, with proven problem solving ability; or equivalent combination of education and job related experience.
- Four years of direct payroll processing experience.
- FPC or CPP designation preferred.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State and local tax laws.
- Ability to, work under strict schedules, manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Possess excellent analytical, oral, and written communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees.
- 10-key by touch - 8,500 KPH
- Responsible for the general oversight of one or more of the functional areas within Finance Operations. Supports all business activities across all operational states maintaining a high level of proficiency.
- Direct backup to department management on all issues regarding processing and procedures for assigned area; acts in lieu of the department management in his/her absence.
- Responsible for follow up with the staff on policies and daily processing issues. Makes production decisions regarding outstanding issues that need immediate resolution.
- Participates in reviewing department procedures in response to audit findings. Recommends new procedures and implementation strategies as necessary or indicated. Oversees user maintenance of applicable systems; works with various internal departments to solve system issues as necessary.
- Assists management in improving performance by participating in meetings, establishing department goals, identifying and evaluating trends, developing appropriate courses of action, identifying training needs, and making recommendations for on-going training, orienting new employees, and reinforcing learning through coaching.
- Assists in the maintenance and/or development of desk procedures, policies, and procedures. May assist in generating user documentation of processes, policies, and procedures in response to business changes and ensures staff are updated on any changes or modifications.
- Responsible for overseeing quarterly/annual updates to department process documentation. Facilitates partnership in other business areas to ensure their input is included.
- Responsible to oversee/respond to all internal/external questions pertaining to daily processing of payroll and that includes.
Utilizes critical thinking to:
- Respond to and resolve employee inquiries related to Leave of Absence requests
- Apply Leave knowledge and Regence pay practices to determine appropriate pay for approved LOAs.
- Solely responsible for responding to all garnishment inquiries, both for employees (garnishee) and garnisher applying Federal, State, and local laws relative to informing employees of Order receipt, establishing payment parameters within the payroll system, monitoring all deductions and garnisher payments. Audits garnishment orders for state-specific requirements
- Responds and resolves employee inquiries to military, bereavement, and jury duty pay. Calculates and audits all related payments.
- Payroll processing subject matter expert; provides ongoing coaching and mentorship to payoll employees regarding payroll processing.
- Determines and corrects out-of-balance conditions.
- Serves as liaison to all business partners related to payroll processing
- Performs timely and accurate calculations for termination payments. Monitors and audits Total Pay Card set up and funding
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 02/14/2019
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.