- Maintains payroll information daily by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Knowledge of union payroll including ? dues, vacation pay, required deductions.
- Willing to cross train in other Accounting areas
- Accounts Payable
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices
- Other duties as needed.
Viewpoint Accounting Software, Microsoft applications, Fabtrol, Sharepoint,
Payroll/Accounting Clerk Skills and Qualifications:
Analyzing Information , Data Entry Skills, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, Thoroughness, General Math Skills, Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Organization, filing, 10 key by touch, general office machines
Full time with excellent benefits including 401k plus matching, medical, dental, PTO, Aflac, FSA after 90 day probation period.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 10/25/2018
16.00 - 16.50
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.