DescriptionWe are currently looking for Job Coaches to work with people with disabilities in Salem. This rewarding position is part-time.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about giving back. To qualify for this position you must be patient, kind, and able to perform on-the-job training and support to individuals with various types of disabilities.
Acting as a positive role model for the individual
- Providing hands-on support to the individual to ensure they understand their current job
- Providing on-going support to individuals with disabilities to ensure they learn and retrain the tasks associated with their job, understand on the job safety, and company policies.
- Maintaining effective communication with employee and supervisor.
- Effectively performing any required documentation and record keeping.
Excellent interpersonal skills (sign language a plus)
- Ability to conduct assessment instruments and identify barriers
- Ability to train/instruct diverse workforce
- Skills in judgment, decision-making, and balancing multiple priorities
- Physical ability to stand, walk, twist, bend, kneel, grasp, and reach
- Physical ability to occasionally push, pull, lift, and carry up to forty pounds
- Previous experience is strongly desired.
Current work schedule is Thursday through Saturday, 7 am to 1pm.
This position is working outside in the elements assisting people with disabilities.
Pay will depend upon experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 11/26/2018
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.