DescriptionThe Assistant responsibilities can include feeding, packing, labeling, palletizing, operation of the banding/wrapping equipment and operation of Pack size equipment.
- Lift handfuls of material and placing in the feeder of the equipment.
- Pack cartons into cases directly behind gluers or directly after stripping
- Inspect cartons - ONLY Quality Products are to be packed!
- Strip individual cartons off die cut loads
- Off bear cartons off cut loads into separate copies or die positions
- Prepare cases, layer boards, and labels for jobs
- Check job ticket or spec book for appropriate pallet configuration
- Stack cartons according to spec on pallet. Confirm that labels are correct and facing out, as applicable, on all finishing pallets. Also making sure corrugated is all lined up and matches in appearance.
- Stretch wrap complete pallets and send to shipping
- Re-stock materials for the following crews, which include but not limited to, making lids, corrugated stocked and also keeping the tables stocked up with tape
- Operate electric Pallet Jacks safely to move WIP or finished pallets.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the area (remove stray cartons, sweep up, etc.) performed during make-ready.
- Conduct quality audits as required
- Conduct sorting operations as required
Knowledge: H.S. Education or equivalent, computer literate.
Skills: Mechanical, communication.
Abilities: Good attendance, guide teams/processes, ability to work alone.
Core Values: Demonstrates qualities of our Core Values ? Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships & Teamwork
- Duties require standing (except breaks and lunch) with little lower body movement throughout working shift for 8 to 12 hours.
- Visual acuity at short distances. Needed to detect variances in job numbers, register and collator marks.
- Color vision needed to detect inappropriate color of product.
- Lifting and loading up to 20 lb. bundles of corrugate into case.
- Able to lift 25-35 lb. boxes continuously and 50 lbs. occasionally to cover Case Sealing position.
- Occasional climbing, stooping, bending and overhead reaching.
- Fine hand manipulation.
- Grasping and gripping.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 10/08/2018
13.52 - 14.27
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.