DescriptionPersonnel Source is hiring for an Operations Support Specialist for our Eugene client!
The Operations Support Specialist position is part of the Operations Project Management/Technical Documentation team in Eugene, OR. This position will support a manufacturing operation that produces products used for labeling and detection in cell biology, molecular biology, and related fields.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Utilize internal software systems (ERP, SKU Wizard and Product Lifecycle Management) to manage creation and revision of raw material, sub-assembly and finished good SKUs to accurately reflect current manufacturing processes and align SKU setup with manufacturing documents.
- Accurately follow SKU data standards and supply chain requirements that impact SKU set-up.
- Write precise, clear work instructions for technical/scientific manufacturing operations.
- Manage document creation and revision in an electronic document control system in accordance with quality system requirements.
- Review and interpret historical production records and manufacturing documents to collect data and information about existing processes.
- Work directly with manufacturing department staff to determine required document format and methods, procedures, and best practices.
- Coordinate with team members to share work load, track and report project status, and review work done by others to ensure accuracy.
- Bachelor?s degree desired in chemistry, biochemistry, engineering or related field of study.
- 2 years laboratory or manufacturing experience in a scientific/technical field.
- Combination of academic background and work experience that demonstrates the following skills and the ability to quickly learn new skills.
- Experience using Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality business systems
- ERP, PLM, LIMS, or MES
- Excellent math skills: Ability to intuitively perform UOM conversion in the metric system (mass, volume, concentration) and chemistry conversions (mass, moles, density, molarity). Ability to understand standard calculations used to obtain quantitative results (such as concentration or purity) using data from analytical test methods (UV-Vis or HPLC).
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills:
- Ability to use conditional formatting and nested logic functions to perform variable information processing and formatting.
- Ability to use data tools, sort/filter, and pivot tables to obtain desired data from large spreadsheets and use lookup functions to combine data from multiple spreadsheets.
- Proficient in Word with strong technical writing skills.
- Ability to interpret and summarize scientific/technical results in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Ability to write precise work instructions for manufacturing operations and format documents with required operator data entry fields.
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance Systems and Quality Standards such as ISO 13485 and ISO 9001.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 08/20/2019
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.