DescriptionThis is the full journey level in the clerical secretarial series. Positions at this level are distinguished from higher level classifications in this series by performing a full range of responsible secretarial and routine administrative duties in providing assistance to the department. Incumbents in this class provide administrative support in a specific area, as well as, provide responsible secretarial support to the staff. Employees at this level are expected to work independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative and maintain appropriate confidentiality. Employees must become fully aware of the operating procedures and policies of the work unit. May exercise technical and functional direction and guidance over clerical stall.
Examples Of Essential Position Duties
- The following represent the principal duties, however, they are not all-inclusive. Other duties may he required and assigned.
- Type forms. letters, legal documents, departmental and statistical reports, correspondence and other complex materials from copy, rough draft, machine dictation or oral or written instructions by the appropriate deadline: proofread documents.
- Assist the public in person and by telephone; schedule appointments, perform counter work and provide information to the public, other departments, and outside agencies: answer complex questions requiring a thorough knowledge of department programs, regulations and procedures; process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Perform complex filing and record keeping duties where several systems are utilized; process a variety of complex or technical materials such as legal forms. permit applications, microfilm records, and other formal documents.
Perform simple bookkeeping and accounting functions; review documents for procedural compliance: take and maintain inventory records as assigned: operate a variety of office equipment and machines.
- Train and /or monitor the work of temporary employees, volunteers or other clerical employees.
- Gather and compile information: put into a report form as required: compute or verify data, enter and retrieve data from computer terminals, and review computer print outs for accuracy.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment and order repairs; provide backup to staff; prep conference rooms as necessary.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: A combination of education and experience equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade supplemented by specialized secretarial and office practices course work. Three years clerical and secretarial experience involving public contact. A Bachelor's degree may be counted toward years of
Skills and Abilities:
Requires a knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; business English composition, spelling and basic arithmetic: specific department policy, procedure and operations; computer software applications including some or all of the following: word processing, desktop publishing, graphics, spreadsheets, and database management. Ability to type a variety of complex materials rapidly and accurately; operate office equipment and machines with accuracy and skill; alphabetize and arrange in numerical order: understand and follow oral and written instructions: implement new procedures and processes; follow departmental procedures, rules and regulations; prioritize and organize work and train oilier stall; make decisions independently; make fast and accurate computations: compile data and ability to work in a standard office environment: requires the ability to exert a small amount of physical effort in sedentary to light work; may require some moderate lifting, bending, reaching, kneeling and some climbing requires sufficient hand/eye coordination to perform semi-skilled repetitive movements, such as typing, filing, data entry, and/or use of calculators, ten-key adding machine, or other office equipment or supplies.
M-F, 8am-5pm through end of December 2020
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 09/29/2021
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.