DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for an Office/Accounting Specialist for our Eugene client!
This position is full-time once the employee is trained in all tasks. Training period has limited hours due to business owners schedule, training will be about 2-4 weeks about 4hrs/day Mon-Fri. This position is temp-to-hire, $20/hr.
To be successful you will have to be self-motivated. The position also requires an above average level of attention to detail. Once trained on specific tasks you will then own those tasks. Individuality in accomplishing each task is encouraged. The more you like the job the better you will be at doing it so making it your own is encouraged at least as long as you are still getting the required parts of each task completed.
Duties include but are not limited to:
1. The vast majority of the job involves working with a computer. Computer file management and e-mail handling skills are required. Programs in use are SmartServ (field service management software), QuickBooks Pro 2019, Windows 10, MS Word, Outlook and Excel 2010 version. Some basic skills with the local area network and file sharing would be a bonus (not required).
2. Full responsibility for payroll.
Verification of employee time cards filled out and signed.
Printing out paychecks prior to the 5th and 20th each month.
Payments to satisfy Federal and State liabilities.
Payments to satisfy employee retirement plan.
Filing of federal and state quarterlies and annual returns (owner can retain responsibility for this task).
Create blank time cards as needed.
3. Online purchasing of electrical permits from various government entities, scheduling/coordinating electrical inspections and scheduling/coordinating of planned outages with multiple utility companies.
4. Working with Excel spreadsheets to create and update panel schedules and log sheets for two specific customers.
5. Accounts payable
Enter vendor purchases in QuickBooks, file vendor invoices in two places. Keep track of changes in material costs and update information in QuickBooks.
Enter vendor payments once a month (print out the check).
Updating payable files once a year.
6. Accounts receivable.
Gathering vendor invoices and employee time card information and sorting by each customer or project (preparation to sending out invoices).
Creation of customer invoices including snail mailing or e-mailing as appropriate.
Tracking of A/R aging with follow up if/when needed.
* Office administrative experience
* Must have payroll, AP, and AR experience
* Computer and MS Office Skills (testing administered)
* Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
**This is a dog friendly office as the owners dog is usually in the office**
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 06/10/2021
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.