DescriptionDuties and Task Statements:
- Administer network workstations, utilizing one or more TCP/IP or non-TCP/IP networking protocols and/or one or more UNIX-based or non-UNIX based operating systems.
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, Windows servers & workstations, file servers, network cabling, routers, switches, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures disk drives, peripherals, I/O Devices, printers, and related equipment.
- Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
- Maintain site licenses for department/organization.
- Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, applying cryptography to network applications, managing host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Oversee telephone data systems and cabling.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
- Provide computer orientation to new company staff.
- Evening and weekend work may be required in response to needs of the systems being supported.
General office supplies
Formal Interaction with Others:
All Departments within company
The work setting consists of a production environment with adequate lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level. The work schedule consists of a five-day, 40-hour workweek with overtime dependent on department needs. Work requires extensive work using a computer.
3 to 5 years experience is desirable.
BS or Associates Degree in Computer Science
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Associate
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 02/22/2019
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.