To pull and stack mouldings per order.
1. Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Licensure: Current and valid driver license, with clean driving record.
3. Experience: Six (6) months work experience. Must demonstrate skill in general manufacturing procedures and equipment, including belt sander, small hand tools, table saw, jointer, sand master, panel saw, miter machine, radial arm saw, air tools, router and other basic shop equipment.
Essential Functions of Job
1. Pulls casings, shelving, hemlock and fir flat stock, doors and bi-fold doors, from various stock racks per Mid-Valley Glass order. Carries product to working area to cut according to order. Ties material with twine and stocks material on bunks, preparing it for shipment.
2. Ability to utilize all lengths of material in a cost-effective manner.
3. Ability to operate all types of shop tools. This position involves tasks using routers, saws, etc.
4. This position requires the ability to stand for two (2) hours at a time in one general location. Position starts to work at 8:00 am and works an eight (8) hour shift. Some overtime is required when production schedules require it. Ability to start to work at 6:00 am when overtime is required.
5. Verbal communication is with all shop personnel and sales staff, either by telephone or in person. Ability to work as a team member in a production environment.
6. Complies with all work rules, including those that pertain to safety and health on the job.
7. Ability to lift stock that can weigh up to 100 lbs. Stock is carried from stock bins to table in mouldings department.
Marginal Functions of Job
1. Assist in quarterly inventory.
2. Performs general housekeeping on an as-needed basis.
Physical Characteristics of Essential Functions
Sit: Infrequent. Only during break and lunch periods.
Stand: Frequent - Constant. Estimated 5 hours out of an 8-hour day. Mouldings personnel will be standing up to two (2) hours at one time and on a concrete surface. Standing is broken up by walking to get stock.
Walk: Frequent - Constant. Short distances at a time, from stock to table in department. Estimated 5 hours out of an 8-hour day.
Bend: Frequent. From waist and knees.
Squat: May be done as an alternative to bending.
Crawl: Not applicable.
Climb: Occasional. On a ladder up to 10 feet in height. May be required to climb a ladder to get stock, i.e., bi-fold doors, doors, etc. Lunchroom and production manager's office is on the second floor, with access by stairs.
Reach: Frequent. Reaching is in all directions, up to arm?s length.
Twist: Frequent. Occurs when taking stock material from stand up racks to table in department. Stock material varies from 3 feet to 20 feet in length.
Lift: Frequent - Constant. Up to 100 lbs. Lifts same objects as listed above for same distances.
Carry: Constant. Carrying stock from stand-up racks to table in department. Stock material varies from 3 feet to 20 feet in length and can weigh up to 100 lbs.
Push/Pull: Frequent. Pushing/pulling pallet jacks with material on them when putting stock into stand-up racks.
Arm/Hand Motion: Constant. Motions include lifting and carrying stock. Operating shop tools and equipment involving buttons, switches, etc. Handling paper work.
Leg/Foot Usage: Constant. Walking and standing constantly during the day.
Hazards: Noise from everyday use of equipment operated in shop. Hearing and eye protection is required of personnel and is provided by Mid-Valley Glass. There are dust particles throughout the shop and dust masks are available. Position s in enclosed shop area where there is no climate control, therefore, exposure to all extremes of temperatures. Exposure to back strains if good judgment is not used to determine the weight of the item being lifted.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 02/13/2019
12.00 - 14.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.