DescriptionON THE JOB TRAINING, ADVANCEMENT, FULL BENEFITS PACKAGE WITH QUARTERLY PROFIT SHARING!
Lumber mill located in Lyons, Oregon now hiring for Utility workers on our graveyard shift. Want to start work immediately, have room for advancement, get on the job training, and be able to advance within the company and increase your pay? Does a full benefits package, 401(k), and a profit sharing plan sound good to you? If so, we encourage you to apply today!
The first mill was opened in 1922. There are now 3 mills between Lyons and Mill City. We are looking for hardworking individuals to join a team of dedicated professionals. We are looking for people who want to learn and grow within a company, we quickly advance hardworking employees, as well as give step increases. This is a great opportunity to work for a company that cares about YOU!
Important: all of our jobs are very physical jobs. Employees are on their feet all day moving about, using their arms and hands to perform the duties associated with their position. Work is performed in a warehouse environment, temperatures may vary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Visually inspect product
- Feed wood products into machine
- Deliver products to the line for processing
- Properly handle raw materials as needed to meet specs
- Place or remove products in dryer
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Must be comfortable working around loud machinery
- Able to work in an open area, in hot and/or varying temperatures
- MUST have excellent hand eye coordination in order to keep up with the machines
- Ability to carefully, and properly handle raw material
- Understand and follow the Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to understand verbal and written instructions
- Understand and follow Safety procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to stand all day, other than during meal and rest breaks
- Ability to make repetitive movements with hands and arms
- Ability to bend, lift (up to 35 lbs.), stoop, and kneel as needed
Previous mill, or warehouse experience a plus, but not required.
Pay Rate: $12.16 per hour, plus a shift differential. Shift differential applies to swing and graveyard shifts. Pay rates increase as employees advance to next position (s).
We are an equal opportunity employer
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 08/28/2018
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.