- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this job
- Provide excellent, reliable service to patients and co-workers
- Take all entitled rest and meal periods required by law
- Must establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers and co-workers
- Translate medical documentation into alphanumeric medical code
- Collect, post, and manage patient account payments.
- Submit claims to insurance.
- Prepare and review patient statements.
- Review delinquent accounts and call for collection purposes; communicate with patients over the phone daily.
- Process payments from insurance companies.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Code patient services and enter into computer.
- Sort and file paperwork.
- Have full understanding of RVUs, CF, fee schedule, and allowable schedules
- Handle information about patient treatment, diagnosis, and related procedures to ensure proper coding.
- Know several different coding systems, including Level 1 HCPCS, Level 2 HCPCS, ICD-10-CM, CPT Professional.
- Use electronic medical record system to read and organize charts.
- AR follow up.
- Research and resolve rejected claims and file appeals.
- Collect authorizations as needed
- Provided estimates to patients
- Assist receptionists with collections
- Create payment plans
- Always maintain professionalism
- Maintain HIPAA compliant at all times
- Maintain within Oregon Law of collection and billing practices
- 5 years experience preferred in medical billing (must have no less than 3 years). CPC preferred, but not required.
- Orthopedic or Interventional Pain Management billing experience required.
- 3 years of medical terminology.
- Experienced in CPT, ICD-9, and ICD-10.
- PM and EHR experience required.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 04/09/2019
16.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.