Under general supervision, this position performs preventive maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting on manufacturing and/or packaging equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), company policies, safety policies and practices, quality standards and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Using hand and power tools, performs operational and process checks on manufacturing, packaging, and facilities equipment as needed or as directed by Maintenance Technician II, Maintenance Technician III, Maintenance Supervisor, or Manager.
- Performing preventive maintenance and inspections of manufacturing and support equipment.
- Reading blueprints and electrical diagrams to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair manufacturing, packaging, and facilities equipment.
- Performing investigations of issues to determine root cause and preventive measures
- Inspecting, cleaning, lubricating, and rebuilding manufacturing equipment.
- Suggesting operational, process, preventive, and safety improvements.
- Following all safety procedures.
- Completing all required logs, checklists, and paperwork.
- Performing other duties as required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent combination of experience and education that provides required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform the job. Experience working with electrical motors and pumps is required. Experience in manufacturing, light industrial environments or food manufacturing and machine shop and fabrication skills are preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems.
- Knowledge of machine electrical circuits.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools and power tools.
- Ability to learn new systems and equipment.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and electrical diagrams.
- Ability to maintain punctuality and predictable attendance.
- Annual Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Annual Safety Training
- Battery Acid ?MSDS
- Code of Conduct
- Role specific training as indicated in the plant Training Tracker and/or Safety Matrix
- Sexual Harassment Avoidance
- Vitamin D3 in Corn Oil ? MSDS
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment and clean room attire.
- Moderate physical activity, requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day and up to twelve (12) hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform work onsite and be comfortable in a light industrial environment, including some exposure to non-toxic dust.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 03/15/2021
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.