DescriptionPosition Description and Responsibilities
Perform highly skilled machinist/mechanical work in the maintenance and repair of specialized equipment in an industrial facility, and maintains production and quality standards by ensuring the correct operation of machinery and mechanical equipment.
Set up and operate conventional or computer numerically controlled machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes. Use drawings and electronic (CAD) data to determine the necessary cutting and finishing operations required to produce the desired component. Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gage blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
Locate and diagnose equipment failures and ensure timely corrective action. Perform precision alignment, and other tests associated with installation, qualification or rebuild on all machinery and equipment. Work may include equipment and parts fabrication. Determine the necessary cutting speed and feed rates, tools, materials and machines required to produce the desired component in the most cost and time efficient manner. Design jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids in the fabrication of parts or products.
Minimum Required Skills
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED and
- Must have 5+ years of experience as a CNC Machinist and/or Mechanic to include entering specific numbers to problem solving and solutions. We will consider any combination of additional education or military experience as part of the 5+ years of experience.
- Proficient in use of all equipment needed to perform job.
- Demonstrates ability to perform complex and difficult trade skills.
- Able to troubleshoot and repair equipment failures and give advice on preventing future failures.
- Ability to follow safety awareness of updated safety requirements and reinforces importance with others.
- Capable of executing complex jobs with a clearly defined scope.
- Capable of detailed job planning, including researching, estimating of material and labor, job requirements, identifying tool and equipment requirements and developing job material lists. Actively communicate with engineering, planners, and team leads, as needed to complete assigned duties on time and within budget limits.
- Preventative and Predictive Maintenance
- Follow instructions and procedures on PM?s and fix problems found. Add or delete information to make the PM more pertinent to the task.
- Proficient in understanding trade terminology, identifies inaccurate or missing details and reads/interprets blueprints and diagrams. Has understanding of customer processes and can assist with start-up, debug, and troubleshooting.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 04/09/2019
25.00 - 30.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.