- Provide support to Maintenance Mechanics Level 1 & 2 regarding repairs and maintenance on plant mechanical equipment systems, which includes but is not limited to filling machines, metal detectors, carton erectors, case packers, palletizers, pasteurizers, homogenizers, motors and pumps, and conveying equipment.
- Perform facility maintenance tasks per PMs & WOs. This includes but is not limited to changing out light bulbs, pH testing, minor roof repairs, painting, door closers, bathroom repairs, etc.
- Establish a reputation for being open and responsive to initial calls for maintenance assistance.
- Perform assigned general housekeeping duties and maintain the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition.
- Remain approachable by behaving in a professional and courteous manner and by treating everyone in the workplace with dignity and respect.
- Other duties assigned by the Maintenance Manager, Technical Manager or the highest ranking Maintenance Mechanic on shift. Job duties and knowledge listed are for the labor grade. Knowledge of all duties is to be cross functional, but specific duties are assigned within available personnel.
Education, qualifications and experience:
- Diploma or GED
- Passing scores on pre-hire assessments.
- 3 years work experience in and demonstrated knowledge of the following areas: gear boxes, motors, belts, chains, cams, air cylinders, pumps, lubrication, mechanical systems, pneumatics and hydraulic systems.
- Must be familiar with basic machine repair functions.
- Possess analytical & organizational skills, mechanical aptitude, passion for excellence, and proactivity.
- Basic understanding of electrical drawings and schematics and have knowledge to operate general power tools and shop equipment.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and schematics of hydraulic / pneumatic systems and blueprints.
- The individual must exemplify the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and be able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Adhere and comply with state and federal law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
Additional Licensing / Training / Certification Required:
- Completion of Maintenance Mechanic 3 qualification
- Ability to effectively read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally or in written form with mechanics and operators across all shifts and with all levels of plant personnel. Written communication can include department logs, databases, records, work order systems and any other maintenance documentation tools assigned.
- Write routine reports, SOP?s, and correspondence.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Possess algebraic and geometric math skills as related to maintenance applications.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Basic understanding of MS Excel, MS Word, and email as well as have internet proficiency.
- Ability to complete computer based training.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 10/25/2018
18.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.