DescriptionThe Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for the efficient and effective use of planning and scheduling resources to coordinate maintenance activities at the plant. Essential functions of this position include managing work priority, developing job plans, and defining parts and materials. The Maintenance Planner will prioritize maintenance activities to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
- Schedule, plan, and forecast, maintenance resources, tooling and inventory for preventive maintenance, projects and daily work assignments.
- Determine job scope with assistance from qualified maintenance personnel
- Work with maintenance team member(s) to develop work procedures for maintenance jobs with necessary information; including skills, tasks, parts, tools, auxiliary equipment, contractors, and estimated time required
- Review department schedule and determine work order start dates based on priorities and production needs
- Monitor work order backlog; schedule backlog work in a timely manner to maintain a reasonable level.
- Determine required parts/materials on each work order and verify parts/materials are available or have been ordered before scheduling jobs
- Determine the need for special support equipment and inform Maintenance Manager
- Coordinate with buyers to identify material requirements, generate purchase orders and coordinate delivery
- Review completed PMs and update agreed changes to part lists and tasks
- Create and maintain standard task list for PMs and frequent jobs
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to develop and monitor KPI?s for maintenance
- Work with maintenance manager, tradesmen, operations and production scheduling to coordinate maintenance shutdown schedule with the production schedule
- Monitor in progress work being completed to understand status of ongoing work, including delays and overruns
- Promote and maintain safe work environment through compliance with plant safety program
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required. PMP Certificate preferred
- Working knowledge of MRO materials and equipment
- Understanding of plant and facility equipment
- Understanding of material procurement process
- Thorough understanding of maintenance procedures and processes
- Working knowledge of CMMS (MP2) (JDE) systems
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft office, specifically Outlook, Excel and Word
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 06/12/2020
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.