DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for a Part-time Mailroom Assistant for our Eugene client!
This position will assist in preforming functions of the corporate mailroom as a member of a two-person team with our client's Corporate Mailroom Administrator. The corporate mailroom supports all departments and Operating Companies at the corporate office as well as the store locations with a variety of services.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Processing Daily incoming and outgoing USPS mail, Federal Express and UPS items.
- Maintaining relationships with our Federal Express and UPS customer representatives to ensure services provided by the vendors are functioning properly.
- Processing customer invoices for mailing on a daily basis and customer statements on a monthly basis for all Operating Companies.
- Processing outgoing Accounts Payable mail/vendor payments for mailing on a daily basis.
- Maintaining mailroom equipment, and maintaining extensive knowledge and ability to operate the equipment, troubleshoot problems, oversee maintenance and repair calls with the vendor(s).
- Maintaining current knowledge of USPS postage regulations, rates and services.
- Assisting in coding vendor invoices related to the mailroom.
- Supporting and providing services to Corporate departments for large mailing projects, such as but not limited to, customer and vendor letters for acquisition situations, Human Resource mailings, Marketing mailings, etc.
- Providing support to members learning how to use the UPS and Federal Express terminals for outgoing shipments.
- Routing parts shipments that arrive at corporate in error to the correct store location by referencing packing slips and associated order paperwork.
- Any additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate mailroom equipment, such as large postage meter and multiple inserting machines simultaneously.
- Ability to troubleshoot mailroom equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with internal customers and outside suppliers.
- Ability to work autonomously with little to no oversight.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Be proactive.
- Ability to manage and coordinate many varied tasks on a daily basis.
- Maintain strong relationships with members through the organization and vendors.
- Ability to work with a variety of departments such as IT, Marketing, Credit & Collections, etc. as needed.
- Ability to push, pull, and manipulate objects of up to, but not limited to 50lbs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time each day.
This is a part-time position for at least 30 hours per week, benefits included. Position will require more than 30 hours per week at times. Position also includes working 8-hour days to cover planned absences of the other team member.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 07/01/2021
15.00 - 17.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.