DescriptionPersonnel Source is looking for a Logistics Coordinator. for our Harrisburg client!
Candidates must possess excellent communication, leadership, and computer skills and the ability to work varied hours. Full-time, $DOE.
The basic functions of a Logistics Coordinator is to coordinate the use of outside trucks to pick-up and deliver freight from new or existing accounts and solicit customers (existing and prospective), developing opportunities for freight to be moved by company assets and outside carriers.
Additional job functions include the utilization of web boards to post loads and accept web tenders, recruiting additional independent contractors (partner carriers), and coordination of freight with other logistics business units, negotiating customer rates and carrier pay and maintaining gross profit margin goals.
Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following skills and abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintain excellent professional customer service while dispatching drivers via email, text and phone.
- Multitasking and taking last minute directions to changes and be able to maintain a professional attitude while doing it.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate the pick-up and delivery of freight, to inform drivers about load requirements, delivery
instructions, directions to job sites, and provide tie down and handling instructions clearly.
- Ability to work as a team member, focusing on the team goal and creating lasting, positive work relationships.
- The ability and willingness to regularly contact new and existing customers to determine opportunities through Cold Calls and
- Be willing to follow up all potential leads provided by the inside and outside sales team.
This is a full-time, temp-to-hire, opportunity!
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 12/04/2018
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.