The Logistic Agent is responsible for processing air/ocean export shipments. The goal will be to achieve high accuracy through our forwarding systems to ensure high productivity and operational excellence.
Business Support ? 100%
- Assist in day to day operations to ensure that customer requirements are met
- Ensure information between customer service, document processing group and customers flow efficiently and accurately.
- Responsible for customer service internally, bookings, documentation, and execution of routing for assigned shipments
- Responsible for ensuring highest quality and accuracy of document processing
- Responsible for identifying and implementing effective service initiatives to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
- Responsible for reviewing all documents
- Responsible for supervising and facilitating the movement of customer cargo in accordance with company policy and procedures ensuring compliance with relevant local, country and international law and processes
- Prepare customer quotations
- Review and update customer profile, SOP?s , rate structures and routing alternatives
- Responsible for account receivable
- Ensure timely communication with branch departments, customers, vendors, government agencies.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as assigned by management.
Note: Percentages are approximate, and may vary based upon the specific job requirements at each location.
- High school degree, equivalent work experience or higher
- air or ocean freight forwarding or industry experience, preferred
- Self motivated and leadership attitude
- Strong computer skills including Lotus Notes, Word and Excel plus a working knowledge of general and Import/Export Computer application technology
- Analytical skill (familiar with logistics concept and planning concept)
- Knowledge of international commerce (Inco terms, export regulations) desirable
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT), State, Federal and Interstate
Commerce Commission (ICC) regulation desirable
- Able to multitask and effectively handle changing priorities within deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills ? able to listen, comprehend and communicate clear and concise information to obtain positive results
- Able to work flexible hours
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 02/03/2021
17.00 - 18.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.