DescriptionThis position is an entry level laboratory technician position. Must have a chemistry degree.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Filters and preserves samples as appropriate
- Maintains Shipping and Receiving work area and assists with all forms of shipping and receiving functions, including but not limited to Fed Ex, US Mail, UPS, shipping supplies, and shipment tracking.
- Receives and unpacks client samples daily, verifies accuracy of receipt against chain of custody (COC), matches it to the corresponding project and notes discrepancies.
- Assists with inventory tracking and maintenance.
- Logs samples into LIMS database daily to assign a lot number for tracking purposes and distributes paperwork to Project Managers and Department Managers.
- Labels client samples to correspond with lot number and places them in the proper storage area to maintain sample integrity daily.
- Notifies Project Manager and Department Managers when samples are received that have short hold times or a quick turnaround time so that the workload can be prioritized.
- Assists in locating samples or delivers samples to appropriate lab daily to improve productivity and ensure that sample hold times will not be exceeded.
- Ensures that the lab is maintained and kept clean.
- Demonstrates proactive commitment and adherence to industry and company safety regulations and QA procedures
- Constructively problem-solve work issues with team members and other lab staff
- Provide feedback to Group Leader, Lab Manager, Quality Assurance Officer and/or Project Managers about analysis, data, or other issues
- Stay abreast of new developments in environmental science and chemistry applications through reading, user groups and seminars
- BS/BA in Chemistry/Sciences with coursework in Chemistry preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills, detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, to prioritize tasks and work efficiently.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to Project Managers and peers.
- Experience with LIMS software helpful.
- Willingness to put in overtime hours when necessary.
- Ability to perform basic math skills including multiplication, division and algebra, statistics background preferred.
- May require long periods of standing, sitting and repetitive work
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm., with overtime as needed.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 04/26/2019
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.