DescriptionSUMMARY: For Residents of Josephine County Only:
Responsible for assessing pregnant and breastfeeding women and children under five years of age for eligibility to participate in the WIC program. Duties include but are not limited to performing anthropometrics and biochemical assessments, evaluating diet and health care needs, assigning a food package appropriate to the needs of the client, and providing education and referrals appropriate to the risk criteria identified. The WIC Certifier will participate in program planning activities, selection and evaluation of grant goals, and an annual client evaluation of the WIC education program.
1. Conducts preliminary screening of patient: including obtaining height, weight, and hematocrit/hemoglobin.
2. Interviews clients and gathers information regarding medical/nutritional history; determines eligibility for Women, Infants and Children (WIC) program; evaluates nutritional status and provides basic nutrition counseling.
3. Issues WIC benefits and explains purpose of the WIC program.
4. Maintains client charts and necessary records.
5. Refers medical/nutritional problems that require further evaluation/consultation to WIC Supervisor/Coordinator or other staff as appropriate.
6. Cleans equipment, including multi-user breast pumps, restocks supplies in patient rooms, and orders office and laboratory supplies as needed.
7. Answers and routes telephone calls, reviews and responds to all work-related electronic communication and schedules appointments for patients.
8. Attend WIC outreach activities as needed, outside of regular business hours.
9. Provide excellent customer service: in person, over the phone, and virtually.
Part-time, about 16 hours per week
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 3-5 Years
Last updated on 11/17/2021
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.