DescriptionThe Inventory Control & Logistician I is responsible for maintaining accurate inventory quantities on hand, communicating restock orders to the Purchasing Manager, minimizing the necessity for inventory adjustments, and interfacing regularly with the Purchasing, Sales, Quality, Shipping and Production departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Develop and maintain an organized warehouse of raw materials and finished goods, ensuring all are properly labeled and stocked
- Perform physical inventory and enter count adjustments into the system; accurately convert measurements ordered into actual quantities received; submit supporting documentation to Controller
- Develop a thorough understanding of existing part numbering system; add new part numbers into the system; assign lot numbers
- Develop forecasting model to project when to issue restock orders to Purchasing Manager; work with Purchasing to establish min/max levels
- Work with QC to remove expired and non-conforming materials
- Collaborate with Production to forecast manufacturing work orders to process
- Analyze inventory levels and product turns; compare these performance measures against industry standards and make recommendations to Executive team
- Make recommendations to improve processes, reduce and minimize inventory adjustments, and control inventory levels
- Perform a feasibility study on implementing a barcoding and bin coding system
- Receive purchased goods, open boxes and tick through the packing list to ensure contents and quantities are accurate; verify all incoming items are in good condition/undamaged
- Consistently maintain a performance standard of receiving purchase orders into the system same day as goods are received or next day at the latest
- Match supporting documents (POs, waybills, packing slips, IRs, etc.) and submit to Payables at the end of each day
- Serve as a backup to the Shipping Clerk on an as needed basis
- Attendance at all employee meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 05/19/2021
14.00 - 18.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.