DescriptionWe are looking for someone that is an experienced Industrial Technician/Mechanic to keep up our level of commitment to safety and reliability. In this role the successful candidate will perform preventative maintenance and repairs on plant systems and equipment. Including but not limited to balers, conveyor belts, gearboxes, electrical motors, pulleys, shafts, bearings etc. In addition, the technician will perform computer and electrical diagnosis and work closely with company's maintenance team members to meet company goals.
Our mission is to support people with disabilities in their effort to contribute to the community through employment, career and retirement opportunities. Our actions increase society's awareness of human potential.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Performs repairs in accordance with Companies Management Safety and Life Critical Rules and OSHA requirements.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspection; diagnose, repair and rebuild major equipment/components including but not limited to balers, conveyors, hydraulic power packs, eddy currents, electro-magnetic belts, diverters, compressors, shredders, motors, glass breakers, wire tie systems, fans, pumps, etc.
- Maintains Daily Equipment Inspections
- Completed assigned work tasks within the Standard Repair Times.
- Inspects the quality of third party repairs and or rebuilds.
- Recommends measures to improve production, equipment performance and product quality.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Ability to perform under limited supervision.
- Requires a flexible work schedule, which may include nights and weekends to support operating schedule and the needs of the facility.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate/OSHA
- Standards and performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Ability to work overtime and long hours when needed.
- Safely lift and carry a 50-pound load
- Ability to perform moderate physical labor.
Education and/or Experience required:
- A minimum of 2-3 years on the job mechanical experience/training, with some vocational training and/or higher education preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 08/24/2018
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.