DescriptionThis HR Generalist role is responsible for providing Human Resources support to the Vancouver, WA and Gresham, OR plants. Lead HR Generalist activities including: payroll, recruiting and staffing, employee orientation, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, conflict resolution/management, training, and HR process coordination. Develop, implement and coordinate HR policies and procedures. Support a work environment that maximizes involvement and contributions of employees.
- Act as first point of contact to employees and management in the use of human resource programs and processes.
- Process payroll for hourly employees. Interface with Corporate Payroll.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotions and employee benefits.
- Provide month-end reports on headcount, attendance, and overtime
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, payroll, performance appraisals and employee benefits.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and assist with the 90-day onboarding of new and transitioning employees
- Partner with hiring managers to determine staffing needs/levels, recruiting strategy and implements strategies in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with the administration of employee benefits, compensation, performance appraisal programs, personnel record keeping, unemployment claims and training.
- Ensure compliance with the affirmative action programs.
- Assist Regional HR Manager regarding employee relations issues and recommend actions which are consistent with corporate policies.
- Assist Regional HR Manager regarding employee relations issues, policy interpretation, and recommend actions.
- Participates on strategic, annual or ad-hoc HR projects, representing the HR geographic location, presenting perspective, feedback and data that aids in the overall decision making/ design process; assists with the local implementation, administration and ongoing oversight of programs
- Assist Regional HR Manager with annual Non-Union hourly General Wage Increase (GWI) Process.
- Assist with preparing materials for delivering, and conducting employee meetings, such as quarterly plant meetings, culture meetings, employee training meetings, committee meetings, etc.
- Provides overall administrative support, ensuring the accurate, timely and efficient processing of HR transactions.
- Refers more complex or controversial HR issues to the Regional HR Manager for resolution advice and support. Prepares all supporting documentation as needed for management/legal review and decision making.
- Bachelor?s degree in human resources, industrial relations, business administration or equivalent experience.
- Must have 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Payroll experience
- Solid interpersonal, verbal/written communication, and PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously are also essential
- Strong management skills, detail oriented, flexible, able to prioritize multiple projects with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization, administrative and creative problem-solving skills required.
- Must be very approachable and able to develop strong professional relationships and foster involvement at all levels of organization.
- Must be able to work 8 hours/day plus overtime as required. Must be able to interface with employees on all shifts.
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 06/25/2020
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.