DescriptionStill seeking that great job? Want to work for a company who is solid and cares about their employees? Call us today, we are hiring for a team member with basic accounting background to assist in the credit department of a fantastic company. They offer a 60 day hire on, steady hours and benefits!
Credit and Collection Service Specialist
Maintains vendor?s accounts payable records, customer?s accounts receivable payment application, and bank balances. Input journal entries and run financial reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to multi-task various accounting functions in fast paced environment.
- Review for accuracy and process all vendor invoices and statements.
- Review and process all freight bills and expense reports.
- Monitor and figure acceptable purchase discounts and promptly pay within terms.
- Research/resolve vendor invoice/statement problems. Calls/written correspondence maybe required.
- Understand and properly handle use tax on invoices.
- Prepare weekly cash requirements for check and ACH payments.
- Compile month-end accrual for financials. Able to handle month-end deadlines and proper cut-offs.
- Prepare year-end 1099?s.
Accounts Receivable Payment Application & Banking:
- Apply customer payments to invoices with review of cash discount terms.
- Recognize short/over payments and log into spreadsheet for further research.
- Verify accuracy and input A/R Adjustments.
- Monitor deposits, credit cards, A/P checks, P/R checks, etc. to maintain accurate bank balances.
General Ledger Requirements:
- Run Fixed Asset and Depreciation Reports for review. Post when approved.
- Input Journal Entries.
- Run Financial Statements for review. Close when approved.
HIGHLY SKILLED USE OF TOOLS:
- Exceptionally Fast and Accurate 10-Key by Touch.
- Fast and Accurate Data Input.
- Mandatory Intermediate Excel Skills including Pivot Tables..
- Computer (Mainframe and PC).
- Accurate Word Processing by Touch.
- Telephone, Email, Copy Machine
- Excellent organizational skills mandatory.
- Basic accounting principles.
- Analytical capabilities to reconcile vendor statements.
- Good arithmetic skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Good written and verbal language skills.
- Standard filing practices.
- Assists with special projects.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean and orderly conditions.
- Follow prescribed safety rules/regulations.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 05/11/2021
16.00 - 18.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.