DescriptionProduction Associate - Springfield, Oregon
- Packages products. Performs basic quality control checks, including accurate packaging, package counts, and weight, and evaluates product or package appearance. Folds and tapes boxes, applies labels, and stacks boxes on pallets according to direction.
- M-F, with occasional Saturdays. The need is greatest on night shift 10pm - 6:30am, and swing shift, 2pm - 10:30pm. Shift differentials are provided on these shifts.
- Prepares for and packages products manually.
- Performs basic quality control checks, including accurate packaging, package counts, dates, and weight, and evaluates product or package appearance.
- Folds and tapes boxes, applies labels, and stacks boxes on pallets according to direction.
- Moves pallets to finished goods storage.
Workers may use bar code readers or computer devices to track production
PREFERRED CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS:
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED equivalent is required, some college preferred.
Prefer 6 months of successful work experience that involves accuracy, dependability, and teamwork, ideally in food production.
- Basic computer skills (Keyboarding, email, data entry)
- High mechanical aptitude is preferred, as promotional opportunities typically rely on a strong mechanical aptitude.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Maintains a safe working environment, functioning as a member of a cooperative team and safely performs job duties.
- Reads, writes, speaks, interprets, and understands English written and verbal instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Apply basic mathematical skills such as add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Must be quick with hands, packing product into multi-packs at the rate of 140-150 pieces per minute.
- Must adhere to strict ?Good Manufacturing Practices? for work in a food production environment.
- A high degree of attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Works with a sense of urgency in varying temperature environments.
- Tools used: Cart, pallet jack, taper, shrink wrap
- Stand: Static standing is frequent when hand packing and case making, mixed with walking while palletizing.
- Walk: Occasional to freezer over a distance of approximately 50 feet to the freezer and back.
- Lifting: 5lbs or less continuously, 6-10 lbs frequently, 11-40 lbs occasionally.
- Reach: Constant forward reach, the conveyor moving product is 41? tall and product is located approximately 16 inches away from the employee.
- Hand/Eye coordination: constant.
- Grasp: Constant.
- Comparing ? Judging whether the product meets specifications in a fast paced environment.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have a high school diploma or a GED, pass a background check, and a drug test.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 07/22/2020
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at Jacquelina.Webber@personnelsource.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.