DescriptionA leading NW distributor of fire protection equipment for the last 50 years has an opening for a Fire Protection Equipment Service Technician in the Portland, Oregon.
This company sell's and install's fire extinguishers and fire suppression systems to commercial and industrial businesses and are seeking a technician with EXPERIENCE in serving fire protection equipment. This is a great opportunity to start a career in a very necessary and stable industry!
Previous experience in plumbing, electrical or mechanical systems would enhance a person's ability to learn and understand our products more quickly. The right candidate must possess organizational skills, ability to learn quickly, positive attitude, and possess the verbal and written skills necessary to improve relations with repeat customers as well as foster new customer relationships.
Compensation is $18-20 per hour plus commissions.
Company vehicle and expenses provided. Base pay plus commissions.
Health Insurance provided.
Paid time off for holidays and vacation.
- Performing inspections, maintenance and service of fire suppression systems and extinguishers. Ability to work flexible hours when necessary.
- Previous mechanical installation and/or service experience
- Possess or be able to obtain and retain and license that are required by national, state and local codes
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Must have valid drivers license and meets company requirements
- Manuel dexterity
- Climbing and working in awkward and cramped positions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 01/22/2019
18.00 - 20.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.