DescriptionThe role of Consultant assists in the completion of periodic verifications of investment management firms? adherence to the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS?), and other performance-related service offerings. The individual in this position may also be asked to participate in certain other internal initiatives.
1. Research, interpret, and apply guidance to determine applicability of the GIPS standards and/or other best practices within each client?s framework and investment structure
2. Participate in verbal and written communications with clients and proactively alert team members to situations that need support during the engagement
3. Perform detailed analysis of composite membership, firm assets under management and composite and portfolio accounting data, recalculate performance statistics in accordance with the GIPS standards, and confirm data is accurately recorded and disclosed in marketing / advertising materials
4. Document all procedures and unique challenges that occurred during the engagement
5. Assist in the preparation of verification reports, performance examination reports, performance certification reports, findings reports, and recommendation letters
6. Stay abreast of changes and updates to the GIPS standards and participate in continuing education (CIPM, CFA Institute meetings, webcasts, current events, etc.)
7. Perform ad hoc work/special projects as necessary to support various client and internal initiatives
Bachelor's degree - Major or concentration in business, accounting, finance, or economics preferred
1. Minimum of 2 years of previous work experience in investment management, accounting, or financial services.
2. Solid working knowledge of the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) and the investment management industry
Experience in areas such as: (i) knowledge of the requirements and recommendations of CFA Institute?s GIPS standards (ii) understanding of policies and procedures for establishing and maintaining GIPS compliance (iii) providing GIPS and/or performance consulting services that assist with the maintenance of compliance or (iV) other experience with investment performance measurement.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Bachelor
Experience Required: More than 5 years
Last updated on 09/03/2021
22.00 - 35.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.