DescriptionThe role of Analyst is responsible for assisting with the completion of periodic verifications of a client's capacity to claim compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS.) The individual in this position will also support performance consulting services.
1. Research, interpret, and apply guidance to determine applicability of the GIPS standards and/or other best practices within each client?s framework and investment structure
2. Participate in verbal and written communications with clients and proactively alert team members to situations that need support during the engagement
3. Perform detailed analysis of composite membership, firm assets under management and composite and portfolio accounting data, recalculate performance statistics in accordance with the GIPS standards, and confirm data is accurately recorded and disclosed in marketing / advertising materials
4. Document all procedures and unique challenges that occurred during the engagement
5. Assist in the preparation of verification reports, performance examination reports, performance certification reports, findings reports, and recommendation letters
6. Stay abreast of changes and updates to the GIPS standards and participate in continuing education (CIPM, CFA Institute meetings, webcasts, current events, etc.)
7. Perform ad hoc work/special projects as necessary to support various client and internal initiatives
Bachelor's degree - Major or concentration in business, accounting, finance, or economics preferred
In the absence of one of the specified degrees, individual must have one (1) year of related experience such as:
a) knowledge of the requirements and recommendations of CFA Institute's GIPS standards
b) understanding of policies and procedures for establishing and maintaining GIPS compliance
c) providing GIPS and/or performance consulting services that assist with the maintenance of compliance or
d) other experience with investment performance measurement.
Skills & Attributes
1. Demonstrated professional integrity
2. Dependable, flexible, and adaptable to new initiatives and changing client needs
3. Ability to exercise discretion and make independent judgments on matters of significance
4. Ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment
5. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
6. Highly motivated and goal oriented; pro-active in one's own education and career progression; volunteers for and shows initiative on both internal and external projects and tasks.
7. Dedicated to upholding high-quality standards and customer service focus
8. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
9. Strong oral and written communication skills
10. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Adobe Acrobat
11. Willing to travel
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Bachelor
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 07/28/2021
22.00 - 35.00
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.