DescriptionWhat to expect:
- Plant Operator, Medical Cylinder Maintenance
- Verifies cylinder requalification date (hydro test) is within DOT standards
- Conducts a variety of safety checks per procedures, such as odor tests, checking caps and valves.
- Removes label from cylinder and accurately applies new label per FDA requirements, shifts cylinder to fill rack
- Places cylinders to be hydro tested in shipping crate/box.
- Safely operates equipment for filling or repackaging gases into cylinders.
- Performs minor maintenance of equipment and inspection of cylinders prior to filling.
- Ensure complete FDA compliance including record review and record organization (training records, fill records, FDA documents, etc.)
- Inspects cylinders prior to filling, following standard procedures as required by government, our company, and distributor standards.
- Prepares pressure cylinders and cryogenic vessels for filling: Attaches to manifold, evacuates cylinders to eliminate all possible contaminants.
- May fill cylinders by any of the following methods: (1) Sets pressure gauge to specified reading and watches for indication of full cylinders. (2) Adjusts valves and observes gauge to fill cylinder to specified pressure. (3) Observes scale indicator to fill cylinders to specified weight. (4) Fills cylinder to excess, rolls cylinder onto scale, and connects exhaust line to release excess gas and attain prescribed weight.
- Manually sets calibrations to analyze selected cylinders for purity, dew point, and other required qualities.
- Completes daily fill sheets, accurately and timely, for every type of gas, as required by DOT, FDA, and the Company.
- Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Uses standard pre-fill and post-fill inspections, tests, and operating procedures before cylinders are released.
- Regularly inspects pumping apparatus and associated monitoring devices used in daily activities.
- Completes and attaches warning and other identification tags, labels and decals to cylinders.
- May test gas for purity using testing equipment.
Monday - Friday
5:00am to 1:30pm
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 08/29/2019
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.