DescriptionCareer opportunity! Transformer manufacturer, currently hiring for an Engineering Associate to work in our Salem location.
Come join a growing company. Come learn and grow with some of the best, and grow into an amazing career.
This is a great opportunity for a recent grad, or someone with little experience, as we are willing to train the right person. We are looking for someone with integrity, who is driven, self-motivated and looking to learn and grow.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather technical data for preparing ?Job Cards? or Travelers to provide an outline of the manufacturing process of each product
- Help in the preparation of manufacturing procedures and steps for each product
- Prepare and or review Bill of Materials for each product
- Learn how and why the products are designed and the function and application of each product
- Assist in locating alternates for outdated parts and materials when needed
- Help engineering staff document and test prototypes
- Assist in the setup of test equipment and testing of products
- Work with Quality Control Department to ensure products are documented
- At least 6 months assembly experience of transformers and printed circuit boards, preferred
DESIRED MANFACTURING EXPERIENCE:
- General understanding how electromagnetic products are manufactured
- Understanding the importance of good workmanship, craftsmanship, attention to detail and quality control
- Able to understand and follow detailed verbal and written instructions and to assemble a complete electromagnetic product using an example
- Have excellent soldering skills for leaded components and surface mounted components
- Knowledge of how to wind transformer coils by hand and on automated winding machines
- Knowledge of warehouse safety and OSHA standards
- At least an Associate Degree in Electronics with classes in magnetics
- Previous on the job experience using AutoCad, desired
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronics and magnetics
- At least one year experience is desired, however we are willing to train the right person
Pay will depend upon experience. We offer competitive wages, medical benefits, and an attractive time off package, as well as other employee perks.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: Associate
Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Last updated on 03/01/2019
Pay determined upon experience.
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at email@example.com. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.