DescriptionThe Eligibility Specialist I position is the first formal contact for clients requesting assistance from ACCESS. This position is responsible for scheduling and completing Energy Assistance intake appointments in addition to providing information and referrals in response to queries.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Interview, screen, and determine client eligibility for Federal and State Assistance programs for energy assistance and emergency assistance using predetermined criteria.
- Work with Lead Eligibility Specialist to determine the appropriate funding source for assistance. Complete application with attention to detail and return to the Lead Eligibility Specialist in a timely manner.
- Answer phones and schedule appointments in a timely manner, leaving room for walk-ins to assist the clients in emergency situations.
- Ensure that client files are maintained, and data entry is completed in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing internal and grant funding data bases and filing systems.
- Accurately track and report client information and funding expenditures as requested to the Program Supervisor.
- Coordinate with other resources to provide both internal and external referrals for programs/services to ensure the optimum level of service to clients.
- Work with clients having emergency needs to determine ACCESS assistance. Complete all paperwork and documentation necessary to request emergency funds.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: 1-3 Years
Last updated on 07/19/2021
15.00 - 16.50
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.
Personnel Source, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.