DescriptionPosition Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interview, screen, and determine client eligibility for Federal and State Assistance programs including but not limited to food, security deposit, rental assistance, energy assistance, and emergency assistance using predetermined criteria.
- Work with Program Supervisor to determine the appropriate funding source for assistance. Complete application with attention to detail and return to the Program Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Answer phones and schedule appointments in a timely manner, leaving room for walk-ins to assist the clients in emergency situations.
- Ensure that client files are maintained and data entry is completed in an accurate and timely manner, utilizing internal and grant funding data bases and filing systems.
- Accurately track and report client information and funding expenditures as requested to the Program Coordinator.
- Coordinate with other resources to provide both internal and external referrals for programs/services to ensure the optimum level of service to clients.
- Direct client contact and/or customer service experience
- High School Diploma
- Basic interviewing skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with customers and co-workers, sustain client and intradepartmental confidentiality
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office products and web based applications
- Valid Oregon Drivers license with record that is acceptable under ACCESS? insurance policies.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Experience determining eligibility for human service programs.
Job RequirementsEducation Required: High School
Experience Required: Entry Level
Last updated on 09/04/2018
13.25 - 14.75
Are you interested in this position? Please complete our On-Line Application. Please note that your application will remain on file for 90 days for consideration for any of our open positions that match your qualifications.
If you have completed our on-line application in the last 90 days you can send a letter of interest to the recruiter hiring for this position at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a copy of your resume with your email or application.